Seminars and Webinars
- IPC Tin Whiskers Conference, 17-19 Apr 2012, Fort Worth, TX, USA
- XRF in RoHS Compliance Testing - PANalytical, Archived online
- Electronics Goes Green Conference 2012 - Call For Papers, 9-12 Sep 2012, Berlin, Germany
For full details of each seminar and links to registration information, visit the
RoHSwell Seminar List.
- May 07 - Ryan Irish Named New Royal Oak Football Coach - Patch.com
- May 07 - Stainless Steel Lifting Eyes from JW Winco - Design World Network
- May 01 - Bruker Debuts S1 Titan Handheld XRF Analyzers - Recycling Today
- May 02 - China RoHS 2007-2012 - ElectronicsWeekly.com (blog)
- Apr 16 - New S1 TITAN Handheld XRF (Photo: Business Wire) - TheStreet.com (press release)
- Apr 27 - ROHS Teacher Nominated for Media Educator of the Year - Patch.com
- Apr 25 - RoHS recast - Is your company ready yet? - Electronic Technology & Products
- May 07 - CARBINE TUNGSTEN LTD : Market and Product Quality Update - 4-traders
- May 08 - Vapour Room UK accepts pre-orders for Innokin iTaste VV e-cigarette - San Francisco Chronicle (press release)
- May 07 - Deep Yellow Reports Ongolo South Discovery and MS7 Drilling Results - Mineweb
- Apr 12 - Automated OES and XRF Analyzer – ARL SMS-3500 from Thermo Scientific - Azom.com
- Apr 23 - Students React to Charges Against ROHS Principal - Patch.com
- Apr 27 - Scott Technology to tap Australian mining sector with XRF Scientific - National Business Review
- Apr 25 - environCom seals WEEE deal with major DIY retailer - letsrecycle.com
- Apr 17 - Combination XRD and XRF Spectrometer – ARL 9900 - Azom.com
- Apr 19 - Real Estate Attorney Robert Howe Talks Being Raised By The Church With Author ... - Virtual-Strategy Magazine
- Apr 17 - New RoHS Test Equipment Developed in Joint Venture - spectroscopyNOW.com
- Apr 19 - Standards & Compliance Briefing: Green Squared, Chain of Custody, Supplier's ... - Environmental Leader
- Apr 19 - Royal Oak Businesses Pave the Way for ROHS Students to Attend Conference - Patch.com
- Apr 20 - Some neighborhoods dangerously contaminated by lead fallout - USA TODAY
- Apr 12 - Standards & Compliance Briefing: Energy Star Buildings, WindMade, Corrugated ... - Environmental Leader
- Apr 12 - Free WEEE collections offered in North London - letsrecycle.com
- Apr 23 - Intersolar Europe 2012 – take-e-way and VERE eV advise PV manufacturers on the ... - openPR (press release)
- Apr 17 - Agency takes stricter line on B2B WEEE grading - letsrecycle.com
- May 07 - Next-Generation TrenchFET(R) Gen IV 30 V N-Channel Power MOSFETs Feature On ... - MarketWatch (press release)
- May 04 - Our music picks - Cincinnati.com
- May 07 - Hot-Swap Power Modules suit networking applications. - ThomasNet Industrial News Room (press release)
- May 01 - Man raised in orphanages uses memoir to reach the abused, abandoned - National Catholic Reporter (blog)
- May 03 - Waratah Says Assay Confirms High Grade Iron Ore at Youkou/Mekambo-Est Project - Mineweb
- May 07 - Eurocontrol Technics Group Finalizes Acquisition of XwinSys Ltd. - ElectroIQ
Browse through all these, and previous articles in the RoHSwell Industry News Archives.
- AeA - American Electronics Association
- dti - UK Dept of Trade and Industry, RoHS-WEEE
- EIA - Electronics Industries Alliance
- EICTA - European Industry Association
- iNEMI - International Electronics Manufacturing Initiative
- IPC - IPC Association Connecting Electronics Industries
- JEITA - Japan Electronics and Information Technology industries Association
- NetRegs - UK Government Information on Environmental Legislation and Compliance, RoHS
- Orgalime - European Engineering Group
- US Commercial Service - Directive implementation status, producer requirements, links to resources
RoHS Toons (Archives)
So what are you going to do about RoHS?
How can I pronounce thee? Let me count the ways: Ross, Roz, Rose, Rohas.
The RoHSwell View
- What Is RoHS?
- What Is WEEE?
- RoHS Exempt? Don't Bet Your Company On It
- Sony's Cadmium Heartburn
- China RoHS and China WEEE Updated 28 Oct
- IPC-1752: Where's The Beef?
- New RoHS Exemptions - No Big Deal
- Why RoHS and REACH
- China RoHS EFUP Guidelines Translation
- New Hand-held XRF Analyzer From Oxford Instruments
- Green Manufacturing Conference
- XRF Directory - a new RoHSwell feature
- RoHS 28 Months Later
- New Toxicity: Business Changer
- Business Boost With Energy Star
- Reviews of Supplier Green Websites - summaries and usefulness ranking
- Distributors With Green Websites, Other Businesses
- Read all the articles in the RoHSwell News Archives
- and in the RoHSwell Announcement Archives
- Browse books in the RoHSwell Bookshelf
News Feed, Announcements
- Exchange email and share green compliance ideas with an international team. Join the RoHS Yahoo Group
Focus On WEEE
- EU TAC Unofficial Notes (PDF, 79KB) - from April 2008 meeting - New!
- WEEE Guidance Notes from BIS, UK - New!
- WEEE Producers A brief guide to WEEE in the UK, from the envirowise website - free registration required.
- Overview of WEEE An in-depth guide to marketing and product development. Excellent explanation of the intent of both the RoHS directive and the WEEE directive, and good suggestions for product design changes that enhance life-cycle management.
- Beyond WEEE/RoHS: Cleaner Design A guide to sustainable development. The WEEE directive encourages product design for recyclability. This guide provides a wealth of suggestions.
- The WEEE Directory, UK - a directory of WEEE recyclers. According to a 26 March 2005 press release, this free directory is the place to go to find a UK recycler that meets your business needs.
- WEEE Marking Standard PDF Supplied by LG International. - New!
- Adaptation to scientific and technical progress under Directive 2002/95/EC (PDF, 879 KB) dated 28 July 2006, Oko-Institut report on the exemption process, featured in "RoHS Exemptions: Winners, Losers and Why."
- UK, approved compliance schemes - New!
Focus On Lead-Free
- Lead-free Soldering website of the UK's Tin Whisker Report (1.5 mb PDF) from NASA - New!
- Lead-free Soldering website of the UK's National Physical Laboratory (NPL).
- JCAA/JG-PP Lead-Free Solder Project Reports - Joint Test Report on Lead-free reliability, from the US Dept of Defense and NASA.
- The Bob Willis (UK) Lead-free Soldering website.
- A wealth of articles on Lead-free Soldering from the Indium Corporation and others.
- ELFNET is a European research network with emphasis on lead-free soldering.
- The RoHSwell Bookshelf is stocked with authoritative books on every aspect of lead-free soldering. New!
Directives and Guidance
- Korean RoHS English Translation (500 kb PDF) from EU Help Desk - New!
- REACH Q&A from White & Case LLP - New!
- RoHS directive 2002/95/EC (Consolidated) New!
- Status of RoHS Exemptions (PDF) by John H. Lau of Agilent Technologies, Inc.
- Unofficial New RoHS Exemptions (PDF) Unofficial notes from the 26 June TAC meeting
- RoHS guidance AeA Europe
- RoHS guidance UK Dept for Business Innovation and Skills (BIS)
- WEEE Guidance Notes from DTI, UK - New!
- Joint Industry Guide (PDF), April 2005, developed by EIA, EICTA and JGPSSI
- RoHS Enforcement Guidance (PDF), May 2006, ELFNET
- Final Report, RoHS Category 8 & 9 September 2006 - (PDF 2.4 MB) New!
- IPC-175X standard released 9 March 2006
- WEEE directive 2002/96/EC
- Japan RoHS - New!
- JGPSSI guides and tools
- EIA Special Report on China RoHS, 16-April-2003
- China RoHS English translations from GraspLLC.com - New!
- EU Battery directive page
- Basics of OSHA explained in plain English