Seminars and Webinars
- IPC Tin Whiskers Conference, 17-19 Apr 2012, Fort Worth, TX, USA
- XRF in RoHS Compliance Testing - PANalytical, Archived online
- Electronics Goes Green Conference 2012 - Call For Papers, 9-12 Sep 2012, Berlin, Germany
For full details of each seminar and links to registration information, visit the
RoHSwell Seminar List.
- Dec 06 - WEEE collection rate hits 32% in 2013 - letsrecycle.com
- Dec 04 - Rohs, Staves lead Pride comeback against Apex - HighSchoolOT
- Dec 04 - PV Cycle hosts December webinars for PV importers ahead of WEEE legislation - Solar Power Portal
- Dec 03 - Enventure Signs Contract with Large Medical Device Manufacturer for RoHS 2 ... - ThomasNet News (press release)
- Nov 22 - WEEE Collection & Recycling Success for Biffa Kerbside Scheme - Waste Management World
- Nov 11 - Dynasil Divests XRF Product Line - Photonics.com
- Nov 26 - IPC Submits Comments to EU Draft of RoHS Annex - PCB007 (press release)
- Nov 20 - XRF systems detect nanoparticles at depth - Medical Physics Web (subscription)
- Nov 20 - New handheld metals analyser boosts Oxford Instruments portfolio of XRF and ... - spectroscopyNOW.com
- Nov 15 - DHL promotes WEEE recycling at Gadget Show Live - letsrecycle.com
- Nov 11 - XRF Operator Certification Training - Canadian Mining Journal
- Nov 21 - Automated sample preparation by fusion for XRF - spectroscopyNOW.com
- Nov 10 - ROHS performs Guys and Dolls - Hometownlife.com
- Nov 26 - Farnell element14 - RoHS-compliant polarized aluminium electrolytics suit many ... - Electropages (press release)
- Dec 09 - Przybysz z planety WEEE - nagrodzeni w konkursie - Radio Rzeszów
- Dec 02 - Bosco calls on all boys, girls & grown-ups to recycle batteries for LauraLynn - Leinster Express
- Dec 09 - Smith & Associates Inspectors Gain Certification Under the New CCCI-102 ... - PR Web (press release)
- Nov 12 - X-ray fluorescence spectrometry and related techniques: an introduction - Chemistry World
- Dec 08 - Pass ImportantI Lejn Ir-rohs fIL-KontIjIet - Kullhadd
- Dec 09 - 10 ways to reduce your e-waste this Christmas - Rappler
- Dec 03 - Equipements Electriques et Electroniques : Focus sur deux changements dans ... - ITRnews.com
- Dec 09 - PANalytical Boulder Announces Lightest, Fastest, Full-Range Handheld NIR ... - SYS-CON Media (press release)
- Nov 13 - Combining Particle Count Data And Elemental Analysis Information To Detect ... - Azom.com
- Dec 05 - OAP paid conmen to take old television away - Chorley Guardian
- Dec 06 - 'World First' Recycling Facility to Process 600 Flat Panels TVs Every Hour in UK - Waste Management World
- Dec 07 - Mirror, mirror… - LifeHealthPro
- Nov 26 - Interpol cracks down on illegal e-waste trade - Solid Waste & Recycling
- Dec 07 - Let's Stop Making Breastfeeding the Female Version of Dick Measuring - xoJane
- Dec 02 - Lewisham is rubbish at recycling, according to new figures for London - News Shopper
- Dec 06 - REPORT: 4 of 5 holiday light sets contain lead - 14 News WFIE Evansville
Browse through all these, and previous articles in the RoHSwell Industry News Archives.
- AeA - American Electronics Association
- dti - UK Dept of Trade and Industry, RoHS-WEEE
- EIA - Electronics Industries Alliance
- EICTA - European Industry Association
- iNEMI - International Electronics Manufacturing Initiative
- IPC - IPC Association Connecting Electronics Industries
- JEITA - Japan Electronics and Information Technology industries Association
- NetRegs - UK Government Information on Environmental Legislation and Compliance, RoHS
- Orgalime - European Engineering Group
- US Commercial Service - Directive implementation status, producer requirements, links to resources
RoHS Toons (Archives)
And this little piggy...
Precocious little girl, big bad bureaucracy, squealing pigs; I just had to do it.
The RoHSwell View
- What Is RoHS?
- What Is WEEE?
- RoHS Exempt? Don't Bet Your Company On It
- Sony's Cadmium Heartburn
- China RoHS and China WEEE Updated 28 Oct
- IPC-1752: Where's The Beef?
- New RoHS Exemptions - No Big Deal
- Why RoHS and REACH
- China RoHS EFUP Guidelines Translation
- New Hand-held XRF Analyzer From Oxford Instruments
- Green Manufacturing Conference
- XRF Directory - a new RoHSwell feature
- RoHS 28 Months Later
- New Toxicity: Business Changer
- Business Boost With Energy Star
- Reviews of Supplier Green Websites - summaries and usefulness ranking
- Distributors With Green Websites, Other Businesses
- Read all the articles in the RoHSwell News Archives
- and in the RoHSwell Announcement Archives
- Browse books in the RoHSwell Bookshelf
News Feed, Announcements
- Exchange email and share green compliance ideas with an international team. Join the RoHS Yahoo Group
Focus On WEEE
- EU TAC Unofficial Notes (PDF, 79KB) - from April 2008 meeting - New!
- WEEE Guidance Notes from BIS, UK - New!
- WEEE Producers A brief guide to WEEE in the UK, from the envirowise website - free registration required.
- Overview of WEEE An in-depth guide to marketing and product development. Excellent explanation of the intent of both the RoHS directive and the WEEE directive, and good suggestions for product design changes that enhance life-cycle management.
- Beyond WEEE/RoHS: Cleaner Design A guide to sustainable development. The WEEE directive encourages product design for recyclability. This guide provides a wealth of suggestions.
- The WEEE Directory, UK - a directory of WEEE recyclers. According to a 26 March 2005 press release, this free directory is the place to go to find a UK recycler that meets your business needs.
- WEEE Marking Standard PDF Supplied by LG International. - New!
- Adaptation to scientific and technical progress under Directive 2002/95/EC (PDF, 879 KB) dated 28 July 2006, Oko-Institut report on the exemption process, featured in "RoHS Exemptions: Winners, Losers and Why."
- UK, approved compliance schemes - New!
Focus On Lead-Free
- Lead-free Soldering website of the UK's Tin Whisker Report (1.5 mb PDF) from NASA - New!
- Lead-free Soldering website of the UK's National Physical Laboratory (NPL).
- JCAA/JG-PP Lead-Free Solder Project Reports - Joint Test Report on Lead-free reliability, from the US Dept of Defense and NASA.
- The Bob Willis (UK) Lead-free Soldering website.
- A wealth of articles on Lead-free Soldering from the Indium Corporation and others.
- ELFNET is a European research network with emphasis on lead-free soldering.
- The RoHSwell Bookshelf is stocked with authoritative books on every aspect of lead-free soldering. New!
Directives and Guidance
- Korean RoHS English Translation (500 kb PDF) from EU Help Desk - New!
- REACH Q&A from White & Case LLP - New!
- RoHS directive 2002/95/EC (Consolidated) New!
- Status of RoHS Exemptions (PDF) by John H. Lau of Agilent Technologies, Inc.
- Unofficial New RoHS Exemptions (PDF) Unofficial notes from the 26 June TAC meeting
- RoHS guidance AeA Europe
- RoHS guidance UK Dept for Business Innovation and Skills (BIS)
- WEEE Guidance Notes from DTI, UK - New!
- Joint Industry Guide (PDF), April 2005, developed by EIA, EICTA and JGPSSI
- RoHS Enforcement Guidance (PDF), May 2006, ELFNET
- Final Report, RoHS Category 8 & 9 September 2006 - (PDF 2.4 MB) New!
- IPC-175X standard released 9 March 2006
- WEEE directive 2002/96/EC
- Japan RoHS - New!
- JGPSSI guides and tools
- EIA Special Report on China RoHS, 16-April-2003
- China RoHS English translations from GraspLLC.com - New!
- EU Battery directive page
- Basics of OSHA explained in plain English