Seminars and Webinars
- IPC Tin Whiskers Conference, 17-19 Apr 2012, Fort Worth, TX, USA
- XRF in RoHS Compliance Testing - PANalytical, Archived online
- Electronics Goes Green Conference 2012 - Call For Papers, 9-12 Sep 2012, Berlin, Germany
For full details of each seminar and links to registration information, visit the
RoHSwell Seminar List.
- Mar 11 - National WEEE regulations come into force - CIOL
- Mar 05 - WEEE collection rate falls in 2013 - letsrecycle.com
- Mar 10 - Former Sims European chief executive Graham Davy creates WEEE recycling ... - Resource Efficient Business
- Mar 06 - BIS outlines planned 2014 WEEE collection targets - letsrecycle.com
- Mar 06 - WEEE collection volume must rise by 3% to meet 2014 targets - Materials Recycling World
- Mar 05 - For a rising tide of WEEE, The End of Life is near - Scoop.co.nz (press release)
- Feb 17 - BIS ends evidence 'trading' for WEEE - letsrecycle.com
- Mar 04 - WEEE trafficking 'funds other crime' - Materials Recycling World
- Feb 18 - WEEE now mandatory in UK - Solar Power Portal
- Mar 05 - Bruker Introduces 2nd Generation of Successful S1 TITAN Advanced Handheld ... - Azom.com
- Feb 20 - Standards & Compliance: Certified EnMS Practitioners, RoHS, R2, EPD - Environmental Leader
- Mar 05 - Portable Test Stand enhances XRF analyzer usability. - ThomasNet News (press release)
- Feb 25 - PV Cycle France is fifth to meet WEEE obligations - Recycling International
- Mar 07 - Lower WEEE collection volume in the UK in 2013 - EUWID Recycling and Waste Management
- Mar 05 - RP Abrasives Announces RoHS 2 Certification For Stainless Steel Passivation - PR Web (press release)
- Feb 24 - SGS Announces EU to Amend Exemptions on RoHS for Medical Devices (Annex ... - PR.com (press release)
- Feb 19 - ERP recycles two million tonnes of WEEE in Europe - Materials Recycling World
- Mar 04 - PANalytical Launches Oil-Trace XRF Analysis Module for New Epsilon 3X ... - Newswire Today (press release)
- Feb 28 - Fire breaks out at Environcom WEEE recycling plant - letsrecycle.com
- Feb 10 - French PV module manufacturers team with PV CYCLE on new WEEE directive - PV-Tech
- Mar 06 - New Portable Spectroscout XRF Analyzer Enables Laboratory-Quality Analysis ... - SelectScience.net (press release)
- Feb 17 - Changes might be coming to the EU's RoHS Directive - Lexology (registration)
- Feb 28 - Bruker Introduces S2 KODIAK TM Online XRF Multi-Element Analyzer for Real ... - SelectScience.net (press release)
- Feb 21 - Powerex SiC Modules Attain RoHS Compliance - ThomasNet News (press release)
- Feb 18 - Lead-Free RoHS Compliant Oxygen Sensor Launched - International Environmental Technology
- Feb 24 - Bruker Introduces S2 KODIAK(TM) , the World's Most Advanced Online XRF ... - Wall Street Journal
- Feb 14 - Database for conflict mineral, RoHS and REACH status - ElectronicsWeekly.com
- Feb 18 - States start notifying WEEE laws as deadline passes - ENDS Europe (subscription)
- Feb 10 - Call for luminaire producers to join WEEE compliance schemes - Materials Recycling World
- Feb 16 - Professional Liquid Analysis by XRF with Sample Cups and Films - Labmate Online
Browse through all these, and previous articles in the RoHSwell Industry News Archives.
- AeA - American Electronics Association
- dti - UK Dept of Trade and Industry, RoHS-WEEE
- EIA - Electronics Industries Alliance
- EICTA - European Industry Association
- iNEMI - International Electronics Manufacturing Initiative
- IPC - IPC Association Connecting Electronics Industries
- JEITA - Japan Electronics and Information Technology industries Association
- NetRegs - UK Government Information on Environmental Legislation and Compliance, RoHS
- Orgalime - European Engineering Group
- US Commercial Service - Directive implementation status, producer requirements, links to resources
RoHS Toons (Archives)
But we were RoHS exempt!
Ignorance is no excuse. RoHS and WEEE violations carry hefty fines per offense and jail time.
The RoHSwell View
- What Is RoHS?
- What Is WEEE?
- RoHS Exempt? Don't Bet Your Company On It
- Sony's Cadmium Heartburn
- China RoHS and China WEEE Updated 28 Oct
- IPC-1752: Where's The Beef?
- New RoHS Exemptions - No Big Deal
- Why RoHS and REACH
- China RoHS EFUP Guidelines Translation
- New Hand-held XRF Analyzer From Oxford Instruments
- Green Manufacturing Conference
- XRF Directory - a new RoHSwell feature
- RoHS 28 Months Later
- New Toxicity: Business Changer
- Business Boost With Energy Star
- Reviews of Supplier Green Websites - summaries and usefulness ranking
- Distributors With Green Websites, Other Businesses
- Read all the articles in the RoHSwell News Archives
- and in the RoHSwell Announcement Archives
- Browse books in the RoHSwell Bookshelf
News Feed, Announcements
- Exchange email and share green compliance ideas with an international team. Join the RoHS Yahoo Group
Focus On WEEE
- EU TAC Unofficial Notes (PDF, 79KB) - from April 2008 meeting - New!
- WEEE Guidance Notes from BIS, UK - New!
- WEEE Producers A brief guide to WEEE in the UK, from the envirowise website - free registration required.
- Overview of WEEE An in-depth guide to marketing and product development. Excellent explanation of the intent of both the RoHS directive and the WEEE directive, and good suggestions for product design changes that enhance life-cycle management.
- Beyond WEEE/RoHS: Cleaner Design A guide to sustainable development. The WEEE directive encourages product design for recyclability. This guide provides a wealth of suggestions.
- The WEEE Directory, UK - a directory of WEEE recyclers. According to a 26 March 2005 press release, this free directory is the place to go to find a UK recycler that meets your business needs.
- WEEE Marking Standard PDF Supplied by LG International. - New!
- Adaptation to scientific and technical progress under Directive 2002/95/EC (PDF, 879 KB) dated 28 July 2006, Oko-Institut report on the exemption process, featured in "RoHS Exemptions: Winners, Losers and Why."
- UK, approved compliance schemes - New!
Focus On Lead-Free
- Lead-free Soldering website of the UK's Tin Whisker Report (1.5 mb PDF) from NASA - New!
- Lead-free Soldering website of the UK's National Physical Laboratory (NPL).
- JCAA/JG-PP Lead-Free Solder Project Reports - Joint Test Report on Lead-free reliability, from the US Dept of Defense and NASA.
- The Bob Willis (UK) Lead-free Soldering website.
- A wealth of articles on Lead-free Soldering from the Indium Corporation and others.
- ELFNET is a European research network with emphasis on lead-free soldering.
- The RoHSwell Bookshelf is stocked with authoritative books on every aspect of lead-free soldering. New!
Directives and Guidance
- Korean RoHS English Translation (500 kb PDF) from EU Help Desk - New!
- REACH Q&A from White & Case LLP - New!
- RoHS directive 2002/95/EC (Consolidated) New!
- Status of RoHS Exemptions (PDF) by John H. Lau of Agilent Technologies, Inc.
- Unofficial New RoHS Exemptions (PDF) Unofficial notes from the 26 June TAC meeting
- RoHS guidance AeA Europe
- RoHS guidance UK Dept for Business Innovation and Skills (BIS)
- WEEE Guidance Notes from DTI, UK - New!
- Joint Industry Guide (PDF), April 2005, developed by EIA, EICTA and JGPSSI
- RoHS Enforcement Guidance (PDF), May 2006, ELFNET
- Final Report, RoHS Category 8 & 9 September 2006 - (PDF 2.4 MB) New!
- IPC-175X standard released 9 March 2006
- WEEE directive 2002/96/EC
- Japan RoHS - New!
- JGPSSI guides and tools
- EIA Special Report on China RoHS, 16-April-2003
- China RoHS English translations from GraspLLC.com - New!
- EU Battery directive page
- Basics of OSHA explained in plain English