Seminars and Webinars
- IPC Tin Whiskers Conference, 17-19 Apr 2012, Fort Worth, TX, USA
- XRF in RoHS Compliance Testing - PANalytical, Archived online
- Electronics Goes Green Conference 2012 - Call For Papers, 9-12 Sep 2012, Berlin, Germany
For full details of each seminar and links to registration information, visit the
RoHSwell Seminar List.
- Apr 15 - Advantages and Market Demands for Thermo Scientific XRF Spectrometers: An ... - Azom.com
- Apr 17 - Malta fails to meet household WEEE target - Times of Malta
- Apr 16 - BIS outlines criteria for WEEE compliance fee - letsrecycle.com
- Apr 07 - XRF Spectrometer Technology and the Application of this Equipment for Sample ... - Azom.com
- Apr 16 - Handheld mineral analyzer employs XRD and XRF - Photonics.com
- Mar 26 - BIS outlines final WEEE target for 2014 - letsrecycle.com
- Apr 09 - Free Lime Analysis Using the ARL 9900 Series Simultaneous-Sequential XRF ... - Azom.com
- Apr 16 - WEEE schemes left in the dark on compliance fees - Materials Recycling World
- Apr 08 - Standards & Compliance Briefing: RoHS Consultation, GBI Seeks Applicants, R2 ... - Environmental Leader
- Apr 02 - Free WEEE recycling events in Portumna, Loughrea and Mountbellew - Galway Advertiser
- Apr 01 - Bruker Launch Scanning Micro-XRF Spectrometer for Chemical Analysis of ... - Azom.com
- Apr 02 - Handheld X-ray fluorescence for medical device RoHS compliance - Today's Medical Developments
- Mar 31 - Ametherm Now Offering Wide Range of RoHS-2-Certified Inrush Current ... - ThomasNet News (press release)
- Apr 16 - BIS changes policy on compliance fees - Materials Recycling World
- Mar 26 - Ametherm – Wide range of RoHS-2-certified inrush current limiters and NTC ... - Electropages (press release)
- Apr 17 - Environmental regulations 'jeopardize' European photonics - Optics.org
- Apr 18 - Business in Brief 18/04/14 - Resource Magazine
- Mar 31 - Environmentalism: Setting the path for electronic compliance - EE Times India
- Apr 15 - SPIE Photonics Europe panel to consider impact of EU regulations on optics for ... - SPIE Newsroom
- Apr 15 - Drums woman injured in 2-car Monroe Co. crash - Standard Speaker
- Apr 15 - Weblight specialist lighting solutions achieves Gold status as a 'top 20 ... - PR Web (press release)
- Apr 18 - Celanese Halogen-Free Fortron® PPS CES50 Developed for Latest Consumer ... - MarketWatch
- Apr 18 - Hawks Center Apartment Project Breaks Ground - Stacey Page Online
- Apr 18 - SMTA Boston Chapter to Host Environmental 'Earth Day' Meeting - Circuits Assembly
- Apr 19 - PUE, CUE and DCeP. Can metrics rescue Green IT? - Lexology (registration)
- Apr 18 - DN Dare: Take an hour-long spin in the Union's new spinny chairs - Daily Nebraskan
- Apr 17 - Zenite(R) LCP from Celanese Improves High-End Compact Camera Modules in ... - Wall Street Journal
- Apr 05 - Only 1/3 of member states have notified their implementation of the WEEE ... - Lexology (registration)
- Apr 17 - News round-up 17/4 - Materials Recycling World
- Apr 18 - DC-DC Regulators offer 0.1% line regulation. - ThomasNet News (press release)
Browse through all these, and previous articles in the RoHSwell Industry News Archives.
- AeA - American Electronics Association
- dti - UK Dept of Trade and Industry, RoHS-WEEE
- EIA - Electronics Industries Alliance
- EICTA - European Industry Association
- iNEMI - International Electronics Manufacturing Initiative
- IPC - IPC Association Connecting Electronics Industries
- JEITA - Japan Electronics and Information Technology industries Association
- NetRegs - UK Government Information on Environmental Legislation and Compliance, RoHS
- Orgalime - European Engineering Group
- US Commercial Service - Directive implementation status, producer requirements, links to resources
RoHS Toons (Archives)
But we were RoHS exempt!
Ignorance is no excuse. RoHS and WEEE violations carry hefty fines per offense and jail time.
The RoHSwell View
- What Is RoHS?
- What Is WEEE?
- RoHS Exempt? Don't Bet Your Company On It
- Sony's Cadmium Heartburn
- China RoHS and China WEEE Updated 28 Oct
- IPC-1752: Where's The Beef?
- New RoHS Exemptions - No Big Deal
- Why RoHS and REACH
- China RoHS EFUP Guidelines Translation
- New Hand-held XRF Analyzer From Oxford Instruments
- Green Manufacturing Conference
- XRF Directory - a new RoHSwell feature
- RoHS 28 Months Later
- New Toxicity: Business Changer
- Business Boost With Energy Star
- Reviews of Supplier Green Websites - summaries and usefulness ranking
- Distributors With Green Websites, Other Businesses
- Read all the articles in the RoHSwell News Archives
- and in the RoHSwell Announcement Archives
- Browse books in the RoHSwell Bookshelf
News Feed, Announcements
- Exchange email and share green compliance ideas with an international team. Join the RoHS Yahoo Group
Focus On WEEE
- EU TAC Unofficial Notes (PDF, 79KB) - from April 2008 meeting - New!
- WEEE Guidance Notes from BIS, UK - New!
- WEEE Producers A brief guide to WEEE in the UK, from the envirowise website - free registration required.
- Overview of WEEE An in-depth guide to marketing and product development. Excellent explanation of the intent of both the RoHS directive and the WEEE directive, and good suggestions for product design changes that enhance life-cycle management.
- Beyond WEEE/RoHS: Cleaner Design A guide to sustainable development. The WEEE directive encourages product design for recyclability. This guide provides a wealth of suggestions.
- The WEEE Directory, UK - a directory of WEEE recyclers. According to a 26 March 2005 press release, this free directory is the place to go to find a UK recycler that meets your business needs.
- WEEE Marking Standard PDF Supplied by LG International. - New!
- Adaptation to scientific and technical progress under Directive 2002/95/EC (PDF, 879 KB) dated 28 July 2006, Oko-Institut report on the exemption process, featured in "RoHS Exemptions: Winners, Losers and Why."
- UK, approved compliance schemes - New!
Focus On Lead-Free
- Lead-free Soldering website of the UK's Tin Whisker Report (1.5 mb PDF) from NASA - New!
- Lead-free Soldering website of the UK's National Physical Laboratory (NPL).
- JCAA/JG-PP Lead-Free Solder Project Reports - Joint Test Report on Lead-free reliability, from the US Dept of Defense and NASA.
- The Bob Willis (UK) Lead-free Soldering website.
- A wealth of articles on Lead-free Soldering from the Indium Corporation and others.
- ELFNET is a European research network with emphasis on lead-free soldering.
- The RoHSwell Bookshelf is stocked with authoritative books on every aspect of lead-free soldering. New!
Directives and Guidance
- Korean RoHS English Translation (500 kb PDF) from EU Help Desk - New!
- REACH Q&A from White & Case LLP - New!
- RoHS directive 2002/95/EC (Consolidated) New!
- Status of RoHS Exemptions (PDF) by John H. Lau of Agilent Technologies, Inc.
- Unofficial New RoHS Exemptions (PDF) Unofficial notes from the 26 June TAC meeting
- RoHS guidance AeA Europe
- RoHS guidance UK Dept for Business Innovation and Skills (BIS)
- WEEE Guidance Notes from DTI, UK - New!
- Joint Industry Guide (PDF), April 2005, developed by EIA, EICTA and JGPSSI
- RoHS Enforcement Guidance (PDF), May 2006, ELFNET
- Final Report, RoHS Category 8 & 9 September 2006 - (PDF 2.4 MB) New!
- IPC-175X standard released 9 March 2006
- WEEE directive 2002/96/EC
- Japan RoHS - New!
- JGPSSI guides and tools
- EIA Special Report on China RoHS, 16-April-2003
- China RoHS English translations from GraspLLC.com - New!
- EU Battery directive page
- Basics of OSHA explained in plain English